- Users can access the online application by clicking Apply Now
- The application takes approximately 30 minutes to complete
- The application process opens mid October 2019
- Biology deadline for both internal and external applicants: February 15, 2020
- The program usually admits students only once per year beginning September 1st.
- Application status can be checked at any time in MyFile
Documents to be Uploaded Online using the Document Uploader
- Supplementary Information Form
- Referee List must include three (3) names and contact information to be added at the bottom of the Supplemental Information Form form. Your referees will then be emailed a link to upload their reference letter to support your Graduate Admission application.
- Statement of Interest: a letter (500 words) addressed to the Program Admissions Committee, outlining your background in Biology and your reasons for wanting to pursue an advanced research degree.
- Curriculum Vitae outlining your work experience, academic background, publications, awards, etc.
- Transcripts from each post-secondary institution
- Application fee (to accompany online Application for Graduate Admission)
is $130 Cdn, payable by Visa, Visa Debit or MasterCard. The application fee is non-refundable
- If you do not wish to submit your credit card online, or if you do not have a Visa or MasterCard, please contact York’s Office of Admissions at 416–736–5000
- Your application will be processed upon receipt of your fee payment
Entrance scholarships may be offered to high calibre applicants on the recommendation of the Biology graduate program. No separate application for the scholarship is necessary.
- Trillium (PhD, $26,666/yr) ***for international students only
- York Graduate Scholarship (MSc or PhD, $3,000- $6,000)
- CD Fowle Scholarship in Ecology (MSc or PhD, $12,500)
- Enbridge Graduate Student Awards (MSc or Phd, $12,500)
- Nestmann Scholarship (MSc or PhD, $12,500)
- Carswell Science Scholarship (PhD, $10,000 1 year)
- Vernon Oliver Stong (MSc or PhD, $10,000 1 year)