York offers competitive funding to all qualified graduate students and is committed to promoting excellence in research and teaching.
Fees and Tuition
Academic fees are charged on either a per-course or per-program basis, depending on the Faculty or program in which you enrol, and in most cases include tuition costs as well as supplementary fees. Additional fees may include health plans, the YU-card (where applicable) and associated course and program fees. Please note that course and program fees are subject to approval by York's Board of Governors in accordance with the fees guidelines set by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and are subject to change.
Please visit Student Financial Services - Fees for more information.
Scholarships and Awards
MSc and PhD Biology graduate students are encouraged to apply for external scholarships from NSERC, CIHR, and other sources. Application eligibility, deadlines and instructions are announced throughout the year.
Scholarship opportunities include:
- Vanier CGS (PhD, $50,000/yr)
- CIHR - CGS D (PhD, $30,000)
- NSERC - PGS D (PhD $21,000/yr)
- NSERC Alexander Bell CGS D (PhD, $35,000/yr)
- Susan Mann (last year PhD, $21,000 + tuition waiver)
- Provost (last year PhD, 21,000 + tuition waiver)
- NSERC and CIHR CGS-M (MSc, $17,500)
- OGS and QEII (MSc or PhD, $15,000)
Please visit Faculty of Graduate Studies - Funding and Awards for a full list of awards and scholarships, complete with application instructions and deadlines.